Resources for Finding & Printing 3D MODELS
Here are some great resources for finding three dimensional models that you can use in applications like Photoshop. Some of these resources are also service providers that will allow you to print your 3D Designs.
1. Makerbot Thingiverse - This is probably one of the more popular websites for finding 3D models. You can find all sorts of models that you can download to your computer and open in Photoshop.
2. 3D Warehouse - The world's largest and most popular site for downloading 3D Models to fuel your creative pursuits.
4. 3D Content Central - 3D ContentCentral® is a free service for locating, configuring, downloading, and requesting 2D and 3D parts and assemblies, 2D blocks, library features, and macros.
5. 3DTin - Like a fun cross between Lego and 8-Bit graphics with 3D Tin you assemble your model with cubes that are drawn by dragging your mouse on a grid, drawing on top of an existing cube ads another cube in height.
6 Shapeways is the world’s leading 3D Printing marketplace and community, making product design more accessible, personal, and inspiring. By giving Adobe users access to Shapeways materials and technologies natively in Photoshop, Adobe and Shapeways are harnessing 3D printing to help Photoshop users make and share their designs with the world.
7. Sculpteo is one of the world’s leading online 3D printing services, Sculpteo offers a place for professionals and individuals to host, print, and share their 3D models. By bringing Sculpteo’s services to Photoshop, Adobe is offering creatives the chance to work on 3D files in their favorite creation software, access professional 3D printing, and get delivery in just a few days—no matter where they are.
8. i.materialise is a leading online 3D printing service. With over 20 years of experience, over 100 3D printers in its production facilities around the world, and the largest combination of materials and finishes in the market, i.materialise offers anyone with an eye for design and a head full of ideas the chance to turn their dreams into high-quality 3D reality.